WSMC enrollment is a simple process. And there is no enrollment fee due until the vessel enters WA state waters. To enroll a vessel or fleet of vessels, the owner/operator or authorized agent just needs to follow these steps;
1. Sign the WSMC Enrollment Agreement
(Hardcopy pdf or On-Line)
- If enrolling multiple vessels, only one form needed per company.
- If enrolling a tank vessel for Grays Harbor coverage, please contact WSMC at 206-448-7557.
2. If needed, complete the Schedule of Vessel Information (Hardcopy pdf or On-Line)
- One form needed per vessel.
- Only for new enrollments or for previously enrolled vessels if owner/operator has changed.
- This form provides the needed information for WSMC and for ERTV coverage.
3. Provide notice of arrival in WA through USCG Advanced Notice of Arrival or through direct notification to WSMC. For new enrollments, upon arrival in WA the vessel will be given an enrollment anniversary date. WSMC coverage will become effective for 12 months from that date.
4. Authorized Agent signs and includes the Authorized Agent letter, if these documents are being submitted on behalf of the vessel by an Authorized Agent.
Click here to check for WSMC member enrolled vessel information. Vessels with active enrollments are indicated by an enrollment Anniversary Date that has not yet been reached. If the Anniversary Date is blank the vessel is enrolled but has not yet made it's first transit to WA state waters.