Starting in January 1, 2014, the WSMC Plan will provide coverage utilizing MSRC for primary spill response resources. These resources provide the WSMC member with coverage by a plan with superior response capability. All for the same cost of compliance.
Benefits for WSMC members:
- Compared to the NRC plan, the WSMC Plan with MSRC provides over:
- 2.5 times the number of oil skimming vessels,
- 3 times the amount of oil skimming capacity,
- 2 times the amount of oil containment boom, and
- 2.5 times the amount of recovered oil storage.
- WSMC coverage with MSRC resources will be obtained through simply enrolling with WSMC.
- A vessel may have either MSRC or NRC for their federal OSRO coverage and still enroll in WSMC.
- The WSMC member need not be an MPA/MSRC member to obtain WSMC coverage.
- MPA members that do enroll with WSMC will get a credit on their MPA national dues.