WSMC Now Offers Simple, One-Stop, Single Fee Compliance for Washington State Vessel Contingency Plan Coverage
- The WSMC Enrollment Agreement is now in conformance with the IG guidelines. No additional insurance needs to be considered with WSMC coverage.
- The revised WSMC Plan no longer requires “supplemental” resources. Effective January 1, 2014, WSMC will become a member of the Marine Preservation Association (MPA), thereby gaining access to Marine Spill Response Corporation’s (MSRC’s) comprehensive spill response resources in the State of Washington. There is no increase to the WSMC fee for adding MSRC to the WSMC Plan.
- By enrolling with WSMC your vessels have superior coverage in comparison to other plans.
- In the event of a spill the WSMC Plan provides:
- 3 times the number of oil skimming vessels
- 4 times the amount of oil skimming capacity
- 1.5 times the amount of oil containment boom
- 20 times the amount of recovered oil storage
All for the same cost of compliance
- Vessels may have either MSRC or NRC as their national OSRO and enroll in WSMC. However, MPA members who enroll in WSMC will receive a credit on their MPA national dues from MPA for a portion of their WSMC fees. Also, WSMC will provide “no cost” coverage in 2014 to any company enrolling a tank vessel or barge that also becomes a member of MPA for access to MSRC on a national basis.
- WSMC has a new, reduced, rate schedule, effective January 1, 2014, with reduced rates and no subsequent transit fees. If you have already paid a first transit fee then you are paid up for any transits in 2014, until your next anniversary date, no matter how many transits your vessel makes.
- Please visit the WSMC website at http://www.wsmcoop.org to re-enroll in WSMC. This is required to meet new WA state regulations. Before your vessel’s first transit in 2014, just complete and sign the revised WSMC Enrollment Agreement and your vessel is covered or continues to be covered in 2014. There is no cost for re-enrollment. Vessel membership anniversary dates stay unchanged. For fleet coverage, only one form need be submitted. This can be done by owners/operators or their authorized agent.
- WSMC will continue the Reciprocal Arrangement Agreement with Canada, providing free registration for your vessel’s plan coverage in Canadian waters on your transit out of the Strait of Juan de Fuca.
- Present Vessel Enrollment Agreement and contingency plan remains in effect until December 31, 2013.
The WSMC plan provides the very best oil spill contingency plan coverage available,
while keeping vessels in compliance at the lowest possible cost.
WSMC is a non-profit organization and exists for the benefit of its members.
Please consider the value and benefits of the WSMC Plan.